Monday, August 24, 2015

Vintage Dresser in Peacock Plume

I picked this cutie up from a garage sell yesterday.  I loved the shape of it and the fact that it was so petite!  It's just plain cute and that's why I like it. ;)

I will tell you right now, it may look like tiger oak (which is just quarter sawn oak, btw), but it is not tiger oak.  It has a fake finish on it to make it look like tiger oak and it was hideous to behold.  I mean N.O.T.  G.O.O.D.  Even hubby said, "What is that on there?"  So, I had no issue with covering that baby with paint! 




BEFORE






 AFTER

The color is Peacock Plume from SW.  It's a beautiful medium blue green (although you can't see much of the green it it from these pics, that always makes me sad).

This was a pretty straight forward redo.  No primer or sealer, 2 coats of paint, and wax. 




 She's got these adorable side panels. 




 A beautiful wood top,



 pretty new knobs, 




and, a cute flower detail on the mirror. 

Simple

And, I love it. 


9 comments:

  1. Replies
    1. you did a beautiful job...however, I would have struggled with painting that gorgeous wood. It was a beautiful peice to begin with

      Delete
  2. Beautiful! I love the color, the hardware and the places where you placed the wax!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oops! I meant stain instead of wax!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh.......she is SO cute! Love it!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love it has the look of a well worn and much loved piece!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Lovely......I'm partial to anything blue, too!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Just found you on Pinterest via GF and just love your work! I would love it also if you would share some of it on our "furniture only" blog party which is open until the end of the day today. Friday's Furniture Fix… http://www.patinaparadise.com/2015/08/fridays-furniture-fix-5.html

    ReplyDelete

Love your comments! Please feel free to leave one!! <3