Thursday, July 2, 2015

Bassett Side Table in Tuscan Red

I was curious to know what I was working on at this time last year, so I went back on my blog and it's funny because I was working on a dresser for the same fabulous lady that this side table belongs to! 

I still love working with Roxanne from The Rustic Shed.  She is such a sweet soul and she has great taste and a lovely store to prove it!

She brought me a few end tables to work on and said she wanted something bold for this one.  I said, "Like red?"  She said, "Oh, we're on the same page!"  It's a such a great color for this beautiful FP Bassett piece.  She's looking feisty for the 4th of July!





BEFORE




 AFTER

The color is Tuscan Red from General Finishes (one of my favorite paints to work with!).  I love how the subtle distressing just highlights the great lines of this piece. 





 The top refinished beautifully with one coat of Java Gel and 4 coats of High Performance Top Coat from General Finishes.  It literally took me hours to sand the edge by hand.  I finally resorted to using a razor blade to scrape out the inside edge. I'll be happy not to do that again for a while. ;)




This is what I love about General Finishes,  It levels out so beautifully!  And, I love the soft sheen it has when it's dry. 













I love a French Provincial pull and these had the best patina, so I just left them as is. 




4 comments:

  1. Oh, I absolutely love this, Lisa!!!!

    I myself don't live with reds or blues - too warm, too cool - I am an earth child and love the greens, browns, blacks, whites, ivories....but wow is this a beautiful piece!

    Hope you had a wonderful holiday weekend!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. So beautiful! I've been a bad blogger/follower lately! I've missed visiting...I'm off to see what else I've missed!

    xoxo
    -andi

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful piece! Do you top the paint with a finish after you have distressed it?

    ReplyDelete

Love your comments! Please feel free to leave one!! <3