Friday, May 10, 2013

Antique Wardrobe

My client said this wardrobe had been sitting in her grandparent's cabin for the last 30 years. It was definitely time for a makeover!  She wanted to freshen it up and give it a little bit of a rustic look for their spare bedroom.  We bounced around some ideas and ended up deciding on a soft gray with wood drawer fronts.  

I happened to have a little Paris Gray ASCP left, but not enough, so I just mixed it with some latex I had left over (in a very similar color).  Yes, you can do that in case you were scared to try!  It doesn't distress quite as easily as straight chalk paint, but easier than regular latex.  


 Before





 After

Oh, a little paint never ceases to amaze me!!



 This piece had very little detail so I like how the wood drawer fronts add a little bit of visual interest.




 Love those curves! 




  Distressing chalk paint is so much fun (well, I think so anyway!) and it has such a natural look.




I love how it's soft and rustic at the same time--not too masculine or feminine. 

color = mostly Paris Gray
stain = Dark Walnut Minwax

Linked up here:

Saturday:

Sunday:

Monday:


2 comments:

  1. Love the color and the fact that the drawers and mirror were left stained. Great job - beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a lovely piece! I go for more pieces like that, the simple and utiliarian. Your finish is perfect for it.

    ReplyDelete

Love your comments! Please feel free to leave one!! <3